Public: Public discussion forum for Darkfall guild Relentless
Roninman
Major General
Eve-Online alias: Roninman
WoT: Roninman
WoW alias: Grondal

State of game

Post by Roninman »

If you have any enquiries about game and its current state ask here and we try respond
Boogey Trollius
Sky Marshall

Re: State of game

Post by Boogey Trollius »

Also damn good thread (well, concidering how fuck'd up the Darkfall forums normally are) from the Aventurine forums http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showth ... p?t=176135.
Inactive. Contact with Instant Messanger.
Tonoppa
Captain
Eve-Online alias: Mirona Enthiel
WoW alias: Tono

Post by Tonoppa »

To make it short... is it shit or not ?
TG Fury.
plasmis
Sky Marshall
#IRC: plasmis @ ircnet
Eve-Online alias: Eihok & Sinebrychoff
WoT: Plasmis
WoW alias: Paukku (?)
Origin: PlasmaPekka
xboxlive: PlasmaPekka
Steam: plasmis

Post by plasmis »

I just started last week so I can only give first impressions, and for me they were sort of mixed feelings. The game feels unpolished and the gui seems clumsy at first, but once I had a little time to play with the GUI and gameplay the whole thing slowly began to make some sense. Many things are done differently from other mömmömmöös, so I'm sure it'll take some getting used to. Don't expect any WoW-style hand-holding newbie introductions. I still wish I hadn't checked the forums for help though, they really suck.

In my opinion it has potential.
Raivotar
Lieutenant Colonel
Eve-Online alias: Raivotar
WoW alias: Raivotar/Nuitari
Waralias: Raivo
Darkfall alias: Raivo Astarot

Post by Raivotar »

1. Biggest flaws atm?

2. Is ganking noobs gone out of control?

3. Do huge zergs rule city takeovers and PvP in general?

4. If you have done (both takeover and building) any keeps, how easy it basicly is? Mechanic behind it?
Viikinki
Ponyboy
Darkfall alias: Viikinki Rautavuori

Post by Viikinki »

To make it short... is it shit or not ?
I haven't had this much fun in a game since DAoC, or perhaps UO.

Raivotar wrote:1. Biggest flaws atm?
Look three posts up for Boogey's post. It sums some of the biggest flaws pretty nicely.
2. Is ganking noobs gone out of control?
Heavily depends on what ganking noobs being out of control means. Ganking any solo player or small group is more the rule than the exception. When you are out you most likely will be attacked at least once every half an hour unless you are in a remote area. So either keep your eyes open and mount ready, or be in a strong enough posse to most likely not be bothered by most 'gank squads'.

Noobs die a lot since they don't know how to do any of that:/ Then again, in this game a new guy can join the 'veterans' on day 1 (or day 2 really, since day 1 is used to learning the UI and such). There are no hard skill limits for anything really, 'level 1' guy can hurt anyone and anything.
3. Do huge zergs rule city takeovers and PvP in general?

4. If you have done (both takeover and building) any keeps, how easy it basicly is? Mechanic behind it?
Lacking experience on that field, but the general consensus on the forums is that huge zergs dominate it, then again the info on the forums generally is not very good, if good at all. I think the truth is somewhere in between, team skills probably are more important than pure numbers, but there probably is nothing that can beat pure huge numbers. Then again, a huge zerg is hard to control while smaller groups are mobile and can strike unexpected places.

Well, I hope to get some experience on the city game in the next two months or so=)
Roninman
Major General

Post by Roninman »

Best things have been that after evening of learning basics to play or two, you are most ready to roll with clanmates. Games UI still needs polish, but its ok when getting used to it. This just isnt any game where you need to rush to get to max level. If you except much solo cababilities i dont expect you to last long.

Strong points are big open world and pvp with full looting. And its fun
exxer
Ponygirl with a mace

Post by exxer »

Viikinki wrote:Noobs die a lot since they don't know how to do any of that:/ Then again, in this game a new guy can join the 'veterans' on day 1 (or day 2 really, since day 1 is used to learning the UI and such). There are no hard skill limits for anything really, 'level 1' guy can hurt anyone and anything.
wtf! Are you saying that after 8 hour playing i can tag along for the group PvP and still contribute something in the battle?
Wanhan Wallan Wastustaja - "Ainaisesti poikkiteloin" - Mutta suosin suomalaista saapasta Wanhan perinteitä kunnioittaen.
Viikinki
Ponyboy

Post by Viikinki »

exxer wrote:
Viikinki wrote:Noobs die a lot since they don't know how to do any of that:/ Then again, in this game a new guy can join the 'veterans' on day 1 (or day 2 really, since day 1 is used to learning the UI and such). There are no hard skill limits for anything really, 'level 1' guy can hurt anyone and anything.
wtf! Are you saying that after 8 hour playing i can tag along for the group PvP and still contribute something in the battle?
Yes.
Arru
Ponygirl with a mace
Eve-Online alias: Arkos Sandor
WoW alias: Arrugh
Darkfall alias: Arru Perkele

Post by Arru »

exxer wrote:
Yes, that's how it goes.

On your own time you:
- skill you main melee/bow/magic/armor skills with mobs
- collect money and arrows from the same mobs
- use herbalism (just buy a scythe an your ready to go) to gather needed materials for mounts and potions
- use mining/skinning (just buy a pick-axe/knife and your ready to go) to gather materials needed for your armors and weapons
- and generally L2P
Last edited by Arru on 17 Apr 2009 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
"Jalka perseeseen ja menoksi!" - suosittu Wanhalainen sanonta.
Viikinki
Ponyboy

Post by Viikinki »

Arru wrote: On you own time you:
And PvP:)
Arru
Ponygirl with a mace

Post by Arru »

Viikinki wrote: And PvP:)
Of course. ;)

I was referring more to the question of usefullness to the clan and how one can go about training oneself to be more usefull.
Viikinki
Ponyboy

Post by Viikinki »

PvP experience is vital to being more useful... perhaps the most vital, naked skilled player is a lot more dangerous than a geared noob:)
Arru
Ponygirl with a mace

Post by Arru »

What ever...

If you refuse to see broader and just nitpick on my answers by taking them out of context I can stop entertaining you right now.

btw. check my first post:
Arru wrote:- and generally L2P
Viikinki
Ponyboy

Post by Viikinki »

Didn't mean to nitpick, just tried to emphasize that PvP experience is the most important experience on the long run and pretty much zero of it is gained via any other means but PvP. Apologies for possible offense:)
Roninman
Major General

Post by Roninman »

Seems mostly connection issues have been fixed
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Post by Nepenthe »

Keep it comming, tbh i will most likely try this after the summer, cant be arsed to get hooked on the next MMO release just as the summer season kicks in.

But from what ive red here and on other forums the game might be what im looking for but needs some polish here and there...who knows.
Ill just wait a bit...but all feedback is wellcome.
exxer
Ponygirl with a mace

Post by exxer »

Well i am still trying to complete the 1st quest which is to get account activated :) - Shop has been offline now like 5 days in row and they seems to have some connection problems as well.
Wanhan Wallan Wastustaja - "Ainaisesti poikkiteloin" - Mutta suosin suomalaista saapasta Wanhan perinteitä kunnioittaen.
Arru
Ponygirl with a mace

Post by Arru »

exxer wrote:Well i am still trying to complete the 1st quest which is to get account activated :) - Shop has been offline now like 5 days in row and they seems to have some connection problems as well.
Darkfall forums:
Tomorrow April 23d we will open up the shop at 3pm GMT

Että ei muuta kuin 5 jälkeen yrittämään;)
Defu
Major
#IRC: Defu
Battletag: Defu#2482
WoT: defree
WoW alias: Defila
Steam: Defu
GW2 Tag: Defu.3075

Post by Defu »

Arru wrote:
exxer wrote:Well i am still trying to complete the 1st quest which is to get account activated :) - Shop has been offline now like 5 days in row and they seems to have some connection problems as well.
Darkfall forums:
Tomorrow April 23d we will open up the shop at 3pm GMT

Että ei muuta kuin 5 jälkeen yrittämään;)
Voihan sitä viideltä jo yrittää, mut ton mukaan aukeis klo 18 vast :P
Iteki vähän katellu tota, mut ei taia rahat riittää ainakaa täs kuus.
[IRC] Defu (Qnet/Ircnet/Netgamers) [LoL] Defree (Eune) [WoW] Defila (frozen/Stormreaver)
[Other games] Dota2, WoT, Minecraft
[Past games] BF3, Xsyon, SWToR, PotBS, Travian, AoC
"Bend over and prepare to be boarded!"