Positive feelings

Public: Public discussion forum for Darkfall guild Relentless
Chromer one
Brigadier General
Eve-Online alias: chromer one

Positive feelings

Post by Chromer one »

Actually im starting to like this game more than other games so far.

The combat is fun when you need to aid with mouse and might accidentally hit your friend too.
Npc´s showing "bring it on" signs and even try to fantically escape when near death is kinda cool.

Gathering and crafting.. well one can be anything one likes.. and more you do it more you earn..
no respecs or anything just start doing what you want.

Trade well its really primitive to sell things via chat but well..

Graphics are awesome, so many details and scheme is cool.

I havent met much bugs yet.. tho only thing is the speedhack wich has given some advantage on certain clans but never seen one used.

Troll away but i like it.
Retired from FinFleet -Will be back someday (tm)
Roninman
Major General
Eve-Online alias: Roninman
WoT: Roninman
WoW alias: Grondal

Re: Positive feelings

Post by Roninman »

Sounds interesting. Read all over net mixed feelings about this and quite a few have said that positively surprised over all. Lot of games nowadays are just grind to max level to play with your guild or grind slower and maybe never make it. Sometimes i really been thinking is all those levels really necessary, because journey to max level will just take days to another player and to another it could take weeks. Why not grant everyone max level from start anyway?

How much quests are there? Really tired of nowadays quest based grinding, old style grinding where players can decide where to go without game telling is always better with nice group is what is needed now. And grinding term usually comes with level based games and this isnt one of them.

When is shop opening for this one and how much it costed?
Leilana
Lieutenant Colonel
#IRC: FgN @Qnet
Eve-Online alias: Darei
WoT: Uranus

Post by Leilana »

The queue times players are experiencing during prime-time hours the last couple of days are only temporary. They are due to the large number of new players that have entered the game this week. This made us reach a threshhold. Everyone wants to be online a lot, and to add to this, the starting areas are congested. It does help to bind away from the starting areas but currently during prime-time hours this isn't enough to avoid the queues.

We expect to have queuing issues this weekend especially around prime-time hours, but starting next week you will see a vast improvement as we considerably upgrade the capacity of our server cluster.

We apologize for the queuing and we want you to know that we're working non-stop to eliminate it. In the meanwhile we won't offer more copies of the game until this is resolved early next week.

We continue to aggressively detect and permanently ban exploiters using third party programs. We would like to assure the player-base that we're committed to protecting the game from these kinds of exploits. If you install and use one of these programs you will be permanently banned.

Thank you,
The Darkfall Team

Toivotaan nyt et tasos kerranki pitää lupauksensa, muuten tulee dfo:lle kovat ajat.

Ainiin, tuossa ei puhuta enää macroomisesta vain exploiteista.
Boogey Trollius
Sky Marshall

Post by Boogey Trollius »

Six hour queues, totally exploitable mobs, every player is practicly forced to macro if you want to harvest, every harvesting point in the game gives same stuff (wtf?), stupid lag in bigger scale PvP, you can't attack a city unless you already have one, ..

Yep, it has a good feeling in it and a lot of people seem to like it. But this game is dead so fast unless some things change. Just out of intrest - read their forums during daytime and during nighttime. During daytime there are hardly any complaints. During nighttime almost every message is a complaint. That's some heavy moderation happening..

But yeah - if the game can live for half a year or so, it will propably end up being a really good game.
Inactive. Contact with Instant Messanger.
Leilana
Lieutenant Colonel
#IRC: FgN @Qnet
Eve-Online alias: Darei
WoT: Uranus

Post by Leilana »

Boogey Trollius wrote:Six hour queues, totally exploitable mobs, every player is practicly forced to macro if you want to harvest, every harvesting point in the game gives same stuff (wtf?), stupid lag in bigger scale PvP, you can't attack a city unless you already have one, ..

Yep, it has a good feeling in it and a lot of people seem to like it. But this game is dead so fast unless some things change. Just out of intrest - read their forums during daytime and during nighttime. During daytime there are hardly any complaints. During nighttime almost every message is a complaint. That's some heavy moderation happening..

But yeah - if the game can live for half a year or so, it will propably end up being a really good game.

I really doubt that that there is any moderating on there forums, and anyway its fanboy vs troll war so its kind a useless to read.
Chromer one
Brigadier General

Post by Chromer one »

I haven´t used any macro´s and it works for me.
No addons or anything either.
Havent seen explotable mobs either.. tho im very green.
queue is bit long but it works like this:
I put the queue going 1,5hours before i want to play and when i want im top of the queue.. (it doesnt go old)
Roninman
Major General

Post by Roninman »

Just about queues, WOW had 1-3 hour queues when we started playing, it lasted more than month. Its not first time ive experienced this. WOW generally was very troubled by its server load about 2 months.
Stormhold
Lieutenant Colonel
Eve-Online alias: Stormhold

Post by Stormhold »

Leilana wrote:I really doubt that that there is any moderating on there forums, and anyway its fanboy vs troll war so its kind a useless to read.
It is true there is heavy moderation.
Teuras
Captain
Battletag: Teuras#2564
Eve-Online alias: Cooron
WoW alias: Teuras

Post by Teuras »

The server, when its up and you actually get through the queue, is far more stable compared to WOW in its early steps. Never the less, it sucks balls when you or mobs start to warp around. One thing thats a major issue right now is that when you lose connection the server re-allocates the resources ie. gives your connection spot to someone in the queue. Every game seems to have this at launch and i dont know why. Its not hard to work it so that fast relogging would not drop you from the server :/

Some seem to be getting more bugs than others. Im plaqued by a bug that prevents me from lootin anything, using bank, gankin (finishing blow) or resurrecting others. This makes soloing pointless and super dangerous if you have something of value on you. Sometimes recalling or dying helps, havent confirmed this yet.
Thats the only bug i have come across so far, but it severely ruins the fun when it happens since relog means queue.

AV has a staff of what? 20?
Macroing is common but not everyone is doing it. More common is the use of afk time to train run, sprint or swim as you can just leave your char auto-running against a wall. Gain is minimal at best but beats logging out and rejoining the queue later. There are plenty of cheats, some can be done without any 3rd party softwares. I know 3 exploits that can be done with just the client and i know there are several hacks that really could ruin the game.

Standing in an acid pool in certain place where the damage is bugged will raise 2 of your damage resist stats to max in two hours. 10 hours of normal play has netted me ~8% on both skills.

When you do a certain thing your client stops sending info to the server. This makes your char immune to everything and to others it seems like stopped running. When you stop doing the exploit, your char warps to its true location way ahead. Very difficult to chace people doing this.

One is pretty harmless and in a way even realistic bug. It has a set back and is very commonly used so i might as well share it. When running down hill jump and as soon as you land jump again. This will increase your speed with every jump but as a down side, the longer you jump, the more you take damage. I would imagine a slope long enought would kill you.

Hacks include lightning speed, super regeneration, gold and item dupe and *teleportation* which, when paired with dupes and speed, makes it possible for one person to warp from dungeon to dungeon and loot the chests at the end.

There is grind in the game if you play it like that. No need to exp or farm if you dont want to. After 2 hours of play i headed to the enemy territory with some random people, turned red from ganking friendly players and got reputation back by killing dwarfs. Skills of the character help a ton in fights but as a fresh noob your far from useless. If you think skill points matter then get your macro software ready.

Graphics are pretty even with antialiasing broken. Its technically rough and dated but the details and overall feeling make up for it, at least for me. Some places are butt ugly and some are pretty sweet. Nothing even close to what AoC had to offer.

UI was done by a retard but you get used to it pretty fast. Chat system is a joke but that and the UI are easy to work out. Besides chat is for item linking and stuff that you cant pronounce on TS, right?

I havent tested crafting yet, but at least resouce gathering is boring. You click the stone, wait 10 seconds and maybe you get ore, maybe you fail. Personally if i want ore, i just kill a miner.
Way faster than doing it manually.
You do get the same resources from every node. Wood from trees, ore from rocks, sticky icky from shrubs. As far as i know theres no Rareidium that can only be mined from a dead dragons left testicle. Plate takes iron, chain takes iron, axe takes iron. Works for me.

Trade hubs have not been enstablished yet since theres no truly neutral player cities yet, but those will come as community matures.

Combat is pretty much point and click but the system is fresh and supprisingly fun. Not much room for tactics, but it works.

After the initial shock im starting to like the game more and more. Feels like UO or DAOC when i first played them. For once it feels like the CORE of the game is good and all it lacks is the polish.

The thing about DF forums is that since the game has just one server it means that our frineds from over seas visit the game and forums during late night or early mornings. That means they take bombardment 24/7 and as far as i know only community staff even visit them. There was like 10 "fuck you mods" threads on the first page for hours during the weekend so i doubt they are that much nazi-moderated.
Chromer one
Brigadier General

Post by Chromer one »

Had first group pvp and whao it was fun.
Group of 6 on mounts searching for miners etc to gangk. got into a 6 vs 7 battle and nog lag at all.
Fighting was intense and we had to run away, but still got my pulse up.

Not a single speedhacker seen yet. queues have been like 10secs- 10mins (i´ve had worse in wow)
Tho i log in after work and afk to evening.
Roninman
Major General

Post by Roninman »

Maybe afterall this afterall is quite ok game even with bugs and missing content. People seem to be having fun who like this type of game. Read that they updated their server, is it true?

Found some Raid guild video with lotsa people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn-bloV4QR4
Boogey Trollius
Sky Marshall

Post by Boogey Trollius »

Rough estimate is, that 5/6 of people whom have bought the game with preorder didnt't renew.

Interesting to see how playerbase keeps developing...
Inactive. Contact with Instant Messanger.
Chromer one
Brigadier General

Post by Chromer one »

Boogey Trollius wrote:Rough estimate is, that 5/6 of people whom have bought the game with preorder didnt't renew.

Where is this coming from?
plasmis
Sky Marshall
#IRC: plasmis @ ircnet
Eve-Online alias: Eihok & Sinebrychoff
WoT: Plasmis
WoW alias: Paukku (?)
Origin: PlasmaPekka
xboxlive: PlasmaPekka
Steam: plasmis

Post by plasmis »

Chromer one wrote:
Boogey Trollius wrote:Rough estimate is, that 5/6 of people whom have bought the game with preorder didnt't renew.
Where is this coming from?
From the intterweb, of course, my young padawan! Hence it is true.
Chromer one
Brigadier General

Post by Chromer one »

plasmis wrote: From the intterweb, of course, my young padawan! Hence it is true.
Sure i see theres some scientology sites too. It must be true since it´s in there...
Stormhold
Lieutenant Colonel
Eve-Online alias: Stormhold

Post by Stormhold »

Chromer one wrote:
plasmis wrote: From the intterweb, of course, my young padawan! Hence it is true.
Sure i see theres some scientology sites too. It must be true since it´s in there...
Xenu will eat our souls.
Antti
King of Movie Reviews
Battletag: Rembrandt#2878
WoT: Rembrandt
MWO tag: Rembrandt
Steam: Rembrandt -Hillo

Post by Antti »

And when Xenu is done, I'll come and eat the rest.
------------------
Meidän äiti tekee teidän äideistä ruokaa.
-------------
plasmis
Sky Marshall
#IRC: plasmis @ ircnet
Eve-Online alias: Eihok & Sinebrychoff
WoT: Plasmis
WoW alias: Paukku (?)
Origin: PlasmaPekka
xboxlive: PlasmaPekka
Steam: plasmis

Post by plasmis »

Antti wrote:And when Xenu is done, I'll come and eat the rest.
Be warned, I taste like crap.
Rontti
Forum Warrior

Post by Rontti »

plasmis wrote:Be warned, I taste like crap.
Most of us know exactly what you taste like.
"Rontti rakkauden työssä.." -Mr. Joni
Chromer one
Brigadier General

Post by Chromer one »

F*king hijackers! this was about positive feelings not daily needs.