Guild & Race FAQ

Public: Public discussion forum for Darkfall guild Relentless
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Guild & Race FAQ

Post by Nepenthe »

1. Does it matter with what race i play, i mean does it dictate if i can join a guild or not.
2. Is the Starting Zone relevant
3. Trading / communication between races etc.
4. Is anyone actually playing this game since TS has been empty for hours (whole day and evening) ?
I made a Human character as i didnt find any info on this board about what race should be taken....
Last edited by Nepenthe on 12 Aug 2009 19:12, edited 2 times in total.
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Re: Guild & Race FAQ

Post by Nepenthe »

kk...made a wolf now....found something on the board 8~)
Might reconcider if the guild has been dissolved
Roninman
Major General
Eve-Online alias: Roninman
WoT: Roninman
WoW alias: Grondal

Post by Roninman »

Orc or Mahirrim is preferred, since that what our alliance is. We arent using our TS as primary anymore, alliance vent. Guild has almost 30 players and rest of info follows after recruitment post.
Roninman
Major General

Post by Roninman »

just adding little more

1. Does it matter with what race i play, i mean does it dictate if i can join a guild or not.
- Our alliance currently consists of 200+ players, which all but 1 is non-Orc/Mahirrim. Our land have race towns which you cant enter unless you are Orc or Mahirrim
2. Is the Starting Zone relevant
- Not at all. Once finished starting quests and after evening or two of playing you can more elsewhere
3. Trading / communication between races etc.
- Its open but of course more easy inside own race
4. Is anyone actually playing this game since TS has been empty for hours (whole day and evening) ?
I made a Human character as i didnt find any info on this board about what race should be taken....
- Alliance Ventrilo has been used and we have own channel there, we still have TS channel on our teamspeak but its currently just backup. We have currently almost 30 players in clan
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Post by Nepenthe »

Seems theres currently only 19 in relentless...any finns active anymore ?
Roninman
Major General

Post by Roninman »

We kicked inactives out another day, atleast 10 if more are Finns
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Post by Nepenthe »

kk...we got 7 actives now skilling up...waiting for raivo so we are not concentrating on any combat skills yet..just crafting etc...

Seiska
Vagren
Nepe
Ruoja
Markku
Lighteagle
Raivo (starting soon)
Viikinki
Ponyboy
Darkfall alias: Viikinki Rautavuori

Post by Viikinki »

Nepenthe wrote:kk...we got 7 actives now skilling up...waiting for raivo so we are not concentrating on any combat skills yet..just crafting etc...
Ummm what's the point of not concentrating on combat since this whole game is about combat? Crafting is basically a waste of time you use to raise stats when you are afk.
Roninman
Major General

Post by Roninman »

And theres bloodwall in our bind city working almost 24h, incase want to smack some dummies. Crafting stations all too and some action around. Best thing to do once basic control and mechanism things have been learned is to join. You will skill very very long time in this game.
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Post by Nepenthe »

Viikinki wrote:
Nepenthe wrote:kk...we got 7 actives now skilling up...waiting for raivo so we are not concentrating on any combat skills yet..just crafting etc...
Ummm what's the point of not concentrating on combat since this whole game is about combat? Crafting is basically a waste of time you use to raise stats when you are afk.
Umm..we just want to do it and chatter on TS ... there will be more than enough combat as soon as everyone settles in im sure...besides were waiting for all to join in so ppl are roughly on the same line to begin with.

And we actually are able to make weapons and armor accordingly to the skill and its actually fun to get familiar with the system.
And according to most sites the endgame is not really that great, so we decided to take our time rather than grind and macro our way to max QQ skillcap
Viikinki
Ponyboy

Post by Viikinki »

Nepenthe wrote: And according to most sites the endgame is not really that great
This kind of confused me.

Since really, the endgame begins the second you peek out the starter city gate.
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Post by Nepenthe »

Viikinki wrote:
Nepenthe wrote: And according to most sites the endgame is not really that great
This kind of confused me.

Since really, the endgame begins the second you peek out the starter city gate.
Well go check out most forums that state it....i myself dont know yet since ive been playing for only 5 days, and the only endgame for us has been the ocasional red 4 shotting us from time to time, but regardless its been OK!
Anyway...case closed since this is getting offtopic.
Viikinki
Ponyboy

Post by Viikinki »

You going to join us guys or? Not sure if I've met you in other games, you're on this forum tho=)
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Post by Nepenthe »

Viikinki wrote:You going to join us guys or? Not sure if I've met you in other games, you're on this forum tho=)

We havent applied yet, were waiting for all to join in, should be next weekend, but when we apply we apply at the same time :)
Kingfish
Soldier
Eve-Online alias: Sinuhe2

Post by Kingfish »

Wellcome guys. You will find out that being in Clan and alliance changes your view of the "end game" dramatically as you have loads of green people around you supporting against those reds.

Crafting (harvesting at start) is actually good for character stats but end of the day, this game is more about skills (both behind the keyboard and in your character) than it is stats. With harvesting you can get good set of basic gear done but actually as soon as you join, you get access to far better source of gear, our clan bank. It is filled daily by our members with stuff, that is very usable in bloodwall as well as with PvE. Only siege gear is best to get made as you dont wanna go to real fight in rags.

We have also some good PvE spots that will increase your skills as well as bank balance.

And last the items and money and regnents are just tools to get higher skills or get the job done. No point making at start so expensive stuff for yourself that you feel miserably when lose it. We have decent gear in clan bank and we will supply more when all gone so feel free to utilise that part of support from us.

So whenever you feel ready, just apply to Relentless.

Kingfish

P.S. Start looking from mab our "home town" Moonclaw. It is allmost north west corner of the mainland, little south most western wolfland NPC city.
Sinuhe;AOC(2008),EVE(2007),Ogame(2007),Travian(2007),Vanguard(2006),LOTR(2007),WoW(2005),LineageII(2004),SWG(2004),AOL(2004)
Kingfish;DF(2009),SB(2008),TR(2007),EQ(1998-2007),DaoC(2003),PS(2003),UOL(2000),M59(1995),AW(1995)
Flexington;War (2008),SB(2003)