Public: Public discussion forum for Darkfall guild Relentless
Arru
Ponygirl with a mace
Eve-Online alias: Arkos Sandor
WoW alias: Arrugh
Darkfall alias: Arru Perkele

Re: State of game

Post by Arru »

defree wrote: Voihan sitä viideltä jo yrittää, mut ton mukaan aukeis klo 18 vast :P
Jaa... Ite kyllä kuvitellut että elämme aikaa GMT+2 Suomessa. Ilmeisesti siis tuo kesäaika sotkee asiaa?
No joka tapauksessa, tänä iltana saatavilla.
"Jalka perseeseen ja menoksi!" - suosittu Wanhalainen sanonta.
Defu
Major
#IRC: Defu
Battletag: Defu#2482
WoT: defree
WoW alias: Defila
Steam: Defu
GW2 Tag: Defu.3075

Post by Defu »

Arru wrote:
defree wrote: Voihan sitä viideltä jo yrittää, mut ton mukaan aukeis klo 18 vast :P
Jaa... Ite kyllä kuvitellut että elämme aikaa GMT+2 Suomessa. Ilmeisesti siis tuo kesäaika sotkee asiaa?
No joka tapauksessa, tänä iltana saatavilla.
Juuh kesäaikahan se on GMT+3.
[IRC] Defu (Qnet/Ircnet/Netgamers) [LoL] Defree (Eune) [WoW] Defila (frozen/Stormreaver)
[Other games] Dota2, WoT, Minecraft
[Past games] BF3, Xsyon, SWToR, PotBS, Travian, AoC
"Bend over and prepare to be boarded!"
Arru
Ponygirl with a mace
Eve-Online alias: Arkos Sandor
WoW alias: Arrugh
Darkfall alias: Arru Perkele

Post by Arru »

exxer wrote: wtf! Are you saying that after 8 hour playing i can tag along for the group PvP and still contribute something in the battle?
Hahahaaa! You finally did get the game last night. I had my best laughs for a good while listening your first steps. :D
Let's see if you get past that 8 hour mark soon. ;)

Beginning of game is definately not really fun while soloing. :(

Once you get at least some gear on you it get's a lot easier, and you get your skill progression, character and player wise, going. :)
"Jalka perseeseen ja menoksi!" - suosittu Wanhalainen sanonta.
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Post by Nepenthe »

Arru wrote:
exxer wrote: wtf! Are you saying that after 8 hour playing i can tag along for the group PvP and still contribute something in the battle?
Hahahaaa! You finally did get the game last night. I had my best laughs for a good while listening your first steps. :D
Let's see if you get past that 8 hour mark soon. ;)

Beginning of game is definately not really fun while soloing. :(

Once you get at least some gear on you it get's a lot easier, and you get your skill progression, character and player wise, going. :)
I listened a while too to that ranting and it kinda confirmed i just wait till september or so untill i start ;)
Viikinki
Ponyboy
Darkfall alias: Viikinki Rautavuori

Post by Viikinki »

Personally I'd start asap, you never know if the game is even around September=)

And it's fun now.
Nepenthe
Soldier with lubricant

Post by Nepenthe »

Viikinki wrote:Personally I'd start asap, you never know if the game is even around September=)

And it's fun now.
I think that DFO has a good solid concept that might be fun when there is a bit more content and polish the game mechanics.
And on top of that im chilling the summer anyway doing something completely different than gaming :D
Raivotar
Lieutenant Colonel
Eve-Online alias: Raivotar
WoW alias: Raivotar/Nuitari
Waralias: Raivo
Darkfall alias: Raivo Astarot

Post by Raivotar »

So whats happening ingame?
Viikinki
Ponyboy

Post by Viikinki »

Raivotar wrote:So whats happening ingame?
PvP, PvE, nubuing around, practice, perhaps joining an alliance soonish.

Actually, I don't know too well, haven't had time to play much since last week and probably won't have much until next week.
Roninman
Major General
Eve-Online alias: Roninman
WoT: Roninman
WoW alias: Grondal

Post by Roninman »

Mostly that. I think current roster is 16 guys and will try to do guild ops during evenings whenever possible. New guys are in "training" because game is little hard on new guys, but i think they are ok now. Grind mentality that are in other games are in, but you can choose not to grind and just play the game. There really isnt no need to rush anywhere so you do whatever suites you and your buddies. You can choose to gather materials, go farm npc with your mates or if there is pvp op starting up, joining there.

Hardest for new players is interface and lack of guidance that they have used to in other games. Most of things to learn just takes few evenings of play with guildmates.
plasmis
Sky Marshall
#IRC: plasmis @ ircnet
Eve-Online alias: Eihok & Sinebrychoff
WoT: Plasmis
WoW alias: Paukku (?)
Origin: PlasmaPekka
xboxlive: PlasmaPekka
Steam: plasmis

Post by plasmis »

Joo poaskapeli. Klara vappen kraanavatten ja sitä rataa. :D
Boogey Trollius
Sky Marshall

Post by Boogey Trollius »

We should make a Eihok timer for forums. If it's more than 1am Eihok can't log in..
Inactive. Contact with Instant Messanger.
Roninman
Major General

Post by Roninman »

Autoharvest feature on newest patch makes harvesting lot more faster if you werent using some macro. Much needed change
Roninman
Major General

Post by Roninman »

Some review i found, my opinion is that its quite accurate:

http://www.theburialgrounds.com/Article ... view.shtml

some elements have been already fixed or changed on it though
plasmis
Sky Marshall
#IRC: plasmis @ ircnet
Eve-Online alias: Eihok & Sinebrychoff
WoT: Plasmis
WoW alias: Paukku (?)
Origin: PlasmaPekka
xboxlive: PlasmaPekka
Steam: plasmis

Post by plasmis »

Boogey Trollius wrote:We should make a Eihok timer for forums. If it's more than 1am Eihok can't log in..
Sounds like the first good idea Boogey has had this year! ;)
Kingfish
Soldier
Eve-Online alias: Sinuhe2

Post by Kingfish »

Very good game after playing weeks now. Even as noob, you can join guild raids both PvP and PvE. Occasionally you might die and lose stuff but it seem to be coming in faster rate that you lose anyway. Guild has been very good providing basic armors, weapons and even beginning the mounts. Since I got my herb gathering over 60, I have started to get my own steedgrasses for mounts and so guild support for that is not needed anymore.

When not many people are online, I have practiced skills in our "home" town. It seems to be pretty safe as there are allways loads of alliance present. When we get more people later at evening online, we make a group and go to kill some stuff, both PvP and PvE. End of the day I just recall to bindstone. Slowly the skills are improving, I am getting better spells and eventually I propably be a "big boy" just by playing the game slowly and helping out whenever we have action.

As mentioned earlier, noone need to be top player to be able to help and play together. There is nothing so hard yet that you are told "you cant join because you are so ..., like in many other games". Best thinbg is the open PvP system that really means something when you lose. Little bit like in EVE but maybe not so harsh. If anyone else played Meridian59, this is the closest of that game that has ever launched since those times before Ultima Online.

I have not hit any big bugs yet that would be game breaking, unlike in every other game I have start at beginning. You can say the graphics is not as good as Conan or as cartoonish as WoW but it is certainly better than most old time games and doesnt have huge lag on mass fight, unlike Shadowbane did. One reason might be that they take slowly new people in and dont try to fill 10 servers for month and then merge all back to 2 half empty servers.

Game seems to progress nicely and I am happy to continue playing this one.

KF
Sinuhe;AOC(2008),EVE(2007),Ogame(2007),Travian(2007),Vanguard(2006),LOTR(2007),WoW(2005),LineageII(2004),SWG(2004),AOL(2004)
Kingfish;DF(2009),SB(2008),TR(2007),EQ(1998-2007),DaoC(2003),PS(2003),UOL(2000),M59(1995),AW(1995)
Flexington;War (2008),SB(2003)
Boogey Trollius
Sky Marshall

Post by Boogey Trollius »

So.. how's the game doing? Worth the rather big investment (compared) still next month?
Inactive. Contact with Instant Messanger.
Kingfish
Soldier

Post by Kingfish »

We get about 3 new players weekly (most Finns) joining our clan. Daily we have about 10 active players in clan but alliance is actually quite active and there are lots of things happening around the clock in alliance sector. Good part is you have alliance chat access where you can see what going on all the time.

Currently we are in state where we have conquered 2 Hamlets (like villages) with 3 basic gathering "mines". That has benefitted us to prepare for the "big siege war" where we are going to attack enemy city and naturally try to win it. Siege lasts totally 6 hours where first 4 hours you have to defend your own hamlet that is a ransom against attacking enemy city. After 4 hours both cities become vulnerable and so we are able to attack their city and conquer it, if succesfull.

Currently we are using wulf city 'Moonclaw' as our capital, where we can gather for raids and practice skills as well as do alliance trade and crafting.

Game is quite balanced and I dont have crashes. Some people has occasionally but seems to be with Vista and I am not sure if it is caused by game but some Vista problems (I am not going to use Vista but jump from XP to W7).

In PvP you can be usefull or at least join allready after maybe 3 days playing. Those first 3 days will be hardest MMO experience in your life and this game needs some right mentality to get over it. Not everyone is PvP oriented. I survived the rough start with thinking "I am patient player and those who get me now, will get later back worse". As I have mentioned in somewhere else, everything you have in bank is your stuff as long as it stays in bank. Any gear, loot or money you have outside bank is not your but the enemies, who get it from you first. The point is to get better than enemies by improving your self the game skills as well as stats AND grouping up with friends who can help you or loot you incase you happen to die again...

What we do in start is let new members to get used to UI, fighting and basic stuff alone first days. This also test if you can take the idea that you have the right attitude to "anything you have will be lost many times over and over". If you cant stand idea of losing all your stuff non stop, this is not the right game for you. After you join our alliance town and our own groups, it gets slightly easier. At least noobs will not gang you anymore. Those who do now will usually have new shiny armors and they are small size :)

So if you decide to try, get game as early as possible. If you dont have time to play, allready semi afk playing will help you in long term. What is semi afk playing? We can show it inside game.

Game is quite hooking but reguires more patience in start than WoW (or many WoW clones). But in long term it will be rewarding as nothing feels better than first time killing the equal opponent yourself. Or having epic fight and end of the evening owning new Hamlet or city for your alliance.

Kingfish
Sinuhe;AOC(2008),EVE(2007),Ogame(2007),Travian(2007),Vanguard(2006),LOTR(2007),WoW(2005),LineageII(2004),SWG(2004),AOL(2004)
Kingfish;DF(2009),SB(2008),TR(2007),EQ(1998-2007),DaoC(2003),PS(2003),UOL(2000),M59(1995),AW(1995)
Don Jose
Lieutenant

Post by Don Jose »

Ei pystynyt enää pidättelee, niimpä menin osatamaan, client latauksessa ja kohta päitä tippuu!
Kingfish
Soldier

Post by Kingfish »

Ohjeet alkuun.

- Tee Örkki ja mieluummin Wulffi (Mahirim). Örkki joudutaan noutamaan toiselta puolelta mappia, wulffi on jo alliancen paikalla.
- Aloituskaupunki kaikista luoteisin mikä löytyy. Alliance on Moonclawissa.
- Opettele UI, muuta V ja oikea hiiri näppäimen paikka heti alkuun (parry= oikea hiiri)
- Tee questejä eli käy läpi kaikki aloitus kaupungin NPC ja ota questit. Helpoimmat on gathering ja goblin questit
- Pankita usein. Vaikka alussa saamasi tavaroiden arvo on aika mitätön niin näyttää siltä että tunnearvo niillä on isompi kuin oikeasti pitäisikään. Eli juokse enintään 15 minuutin välein pankille niin henkiset haavat ei ole niin isoja kun sut on gangatty. Selentine chest keys on oikeasti ainoat arvokkaammat tavarat joita goblineilta tippuu ja ne kannattaa heti pankittaa kun sellaisen saa.
- Laita hakemus Relentless claniin. Löytyy menu-->clans-->etsi Relentless ja sieltä menusta jostain sai laitettua hakemuksen. Emme siis voi kutsua sinua vaan sinun on anottava jäseneksi.
- Muista vielä sellainen että kun hutkit goblineja, ne kuolee helpommin 2H aseella, joka pitää ostaa. Aloitus aseilla ei saa skill kehitystä joten niitä ei kannata ikinä käyttää.
- Ja vaihda aina pysty lyöntiin T napilla, vaaka lyönnin sijaan. Ero tulee että vaaka lyönnillä osuu useampaan kerralla mutta yleensä saa itsensä roqueksi ja viereinen kaveri saa tappaa sut vapaasti. Eli siellä noob paikoilla on aina kavereita jotka hyppää sun ja mobin vväliin niin että saavat tappaa ja lootata sut vapaasti, vaikka olisivat sinisiä.
- Lopuksi tämä on Darkfall, älä luota kehenkään muuhun kuin allianssi jäseniin. Kaikki muuta odottaa parasta mahdollisuutta tappaa sut. Se on myös pelin suola...

Laita telli niin kutsun sut ryhmään:
Kingfish Flexington
Viikinki
Ponyboy

Post by Viikinki »

Ja vaihda aina pysty lyöntiin T napilla, vaaka lyönnin sijaan. Ero tulee että vaaka lyönnillä osuu useampaan kerralla mutta yleensä saa itsensä roqueksi ja viereinen kaveri saa tappaa sut vapaasti. Eli siellä noob paikoilla on aina kavereita jotka hyppää sun ja mobin vväliin niin että saavat tappaa ja lootata sut vapaasti, vaikka olisivat sinisiä.
Eri mieltä. PvEssä pidetään silmät auki ja hakataan vaakalyönneillä että ei tule niin paljon huteja niitä mörrejä vastaan - ja jos meleessä on useita mörrejä voi osua useampaan yhdellä lyönnillä. Silmät auki jotta ne siniset (joita on nykysin tosi vähän vrt 1-3kk sitten) eivät hypi siihen iskujen tielle.

Teoriassa toki pystylyönti on parempi niin oppii paremmin tähtäämään toki, mutta itse kyllä aina hakkaan vaakalyöntiä ellei kyseessä ole PvE missä on jotakin 5+ meleetä yhden mörrin kimpussa.

Tästä myös eri mieltä!
- Tee Örkki ja mieluummin Wulffi (Mahirim). Örkki joudutaan noutamaan toiselta puolelta mappia, wulffi on jo alliancen paikalla.
Örkit on komeempia!